ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Concierge to join the vibrant, fast-paced team at one of our high-rise purpose-built rental properties in Calgary, Alberta.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Concierge is responsible for creating an exceptional experience for residents living at the property. This position will appeal to a trustworthy, responsible individual who has a positive demeanour, is outgoing, enjoys people and creating a welcoming environment for them to call home. They are responsible for exceeding resident expectations, providing excellent resident experiences during the tenure of tenancies. Responsibilities include greeting residents and accepting resident requests and concerns, overseeing deliveries to residents, coordinating resident access and liaising with the security contractor.
Concierge reports to the Resident Experience Manager.
- Manage and monitor the building surveillance system.
- Manage resident, visitor and trades access, including issuing access fobs and maintaining the related database, signing out suite keys, etc.
- Monitor package and other deliveries.
- Assist with community professional resident communications, ensuring consistency in messaging.
- Liaise with community police services regarding investigations.
- Assist with the booking of resident move-ins and move-outs.
- Other duties as required by the Resident Experience Manager.
- Greet residents upon their arrival and departure at the building in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Greet guests upon their arrival, registering the visitor and the suite they are visiting, contacting the Resident to announce their arrival.
- Practice excellent resident relations through working collaboratively with other team members to ensure resident requests and concerns are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Employ excellent conflict resolution strategies as necessary when communicating with residents.
- Follow up with residents at touchpoints, obtaining feedback.
- Work closely with the Resident Services Coordinator in relation to coordinating value-add resident services.
- Providing additional services to residents on their behalf which may include such tasks as:
- Booking event tickets
- Arranging for transportation
- Providing access to visitors at their direction
- Participate in resident events, as appropriate.
- Education – High school diploma supplemented with customer service training. Security and first aid an asset.
- Experience – Minimum of 6 months experience in a service industry highly focused on providing a high level of customer experience and service. Experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Relationship Skills - Able to communicate effectively and professionally and able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with team members and residents; ability to exercise confidentiality. Fluent in oral and written English.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes; results-oriented.
- Availability - Flexibility to work day, evening, and weekend shifts, and month-end regardless of weekend or statutory holiday status. Willing to be available after hours in an emergency or unavoidable situations.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office and working with apps on hand-held devices.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment. Candidates must be bondable.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
- A safe work environment. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=94 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.