ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Building Attendant to join the vibrant, fast-paced team at one of our high-rise purpose-built rental properties in Calgary, Alberta.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Reporting directly to the Service Manager, the Building Attendant will play a key role in creating exceptional service and best-in-class resident experience through timely and efficient maintenance in the parking, exterior, and amenity areas of the property.
- Interact with residents in a customer-service-oriented manner.
- Cleaning duties including litter pick-up, sweeping, shovelling, pressure washing, etc. of the property, as required by the Maintenance Manager
- Maintain cleanliness in the parkade, exterior street levels and common areas on a daily basis
- Regular maintenance of greenery including indoor and outdoor potted plants, and outdoor shrub and seasonal plantings
- Monitor and adjust irrigation systems for optimal efficiency.
- Work with the Resident Experience Manager to monitor parking and enforce rules and regulations
- Ensure immediate snow removal and ice melt applications in the lobby entrance, as required.
- Handle and store hazardous materials appropriately.
- Accompany vendors and contractors while work is being completed, as required.
- Assist with completing work orders and turnover maintenance.
- Practice occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure all tools and cleaning equipment are maintained and serviced regularly.
- Manage hazardous materials and respond to environmental hazards.
- Maintain inventory for maintenance supplies.
- Uphold and report breaches of the rules and regulations of the property.
- Complete all work order documentation completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Maintain relationships with residents by employing customer service-based approaches as well as address and document resident concerns and complaints.
- Further support efforts to ensure excellent resident satisfaction and service delivery and exceeding resident expectations through prompt service and ongoing communication.
- Responsible for daily entries in the snow removal log, seasonally.
- Maintain up-to-date Safety Data Sheets for maintenance products and adherence to OHSA rules & regulations.
- Keep maintenance records, files and documentation up-to-date in accordance with established procedures.
- Respond to emergencies and on-call duties, as required.
- Participate in resident events, as required.
- Other related duties, as required.
- High school diploma.
- Must be OHSA, WHMIS and First Aid certified.
- Knowledge of gardening and plant care is considered an asset.
- Minimum of one year of experience in basic property maintenance.
- Experience in the property management or hospitality industry is preferred.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with team members and residents.
- Ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Fluent in English, both oral and written communication.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Experience working with apps on handheld devices.
- A criminal verification check is required for employment.
- Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts and month-end regardless of weekend or statutory holiday status.
- Be available after-hours in an emergency or unexpected situation.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork
- Customer-service orientation
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=80 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.