ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking an Associate, Asset Management to join our vibrant, fast-paced team in Toronto, Ontario.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Associate, Asset Management will be responsible for handling a portfolio of asset management (Income Producing Assets) and working closely with the senior management in analyzing and producing information and financial models required in making key business decisions. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, experience with working in a collaborative environment, acute attention to detail, and strong organization and computer skills.
The Associate, Asset Management reports directly to the Director, Finance and has regular contact with the CEO, other executives, and asset management team.
- Provide strategic oversight of an Asset Management portfolio located across key markets within Canada
- Assist with property underwriting and asset plan business case preparation
- Retain oversight of the preparation of annual operational and capital budgets, the assembly of high-level leasing and re-positioning strategies, and presenting same to executives and clients for their approval
- Create and maintain Argus Enterprise cash flow forecasts and financial models for asset management and other investment initiatives
- Review and provide recommendations on prospective lease transactions and capital expenditures, with comparisons to budget and acquisition proformas
- Track capital expenditures and monitor the execution process on various projects taking place within the asset management portfolio
- Liaise closely with in-house investment, property management and accounting teams
- Work collaboratively with Property Management and Leasing service providers to ensure key performance metrics are being achieved, to promote effective revenue enhancement and proactive asset preservation
- Perform real estate market research (track deal flow, maintain market data, etc.) for the specific submarkets and make recommendations to the Asset Management team
- Manage the quarterly appraisal program, provide drafts and recommendations to the clients, for their approval
- Assist with appraisal review for factual correctness, annual budget review, and exposure to leasing through NER review
- Review asset management reports and present quarterly reporting to clients
- Responsible for preparing all monthly and quarterly client reports, tracking monthly NOI versus budget, a compilation of asset plans and market analysis
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial real estate valuations, appraisal, or asset management of mixed-use, retail, office, or industrial properties.
- Exposure to acquisitions, dispositions, and development projects would be assets in this role
- Strong financial modeling experience including strong knowledge and experience with Excel and Argus Enterprise.
- University Degree in Real Estate, Planning, Business Management, or a related field required.
- CFA, MBA, CRF, or CAIA designation is considered an asset
- Must have strong analysis, presentation, administrative, and report-writing skills
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to clearly articulate a strategic vision for the portfolio
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing demands and aggressive timelines with the ability to prioritize
- Excels in a high volume, dynamic and fast-paced environment and enjoys new challenges
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated
- Skilled in the use of Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to take initiative and function independently
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link:
https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=77 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.