ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Corporate Controller, Properties to join our vibrant, fast-paced team in Edmonton, Alberta.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Corporate Controller, Properties is responsible to ensure that the accounting and related reporting of ONE's property & asset management business units are in accordance with ONE's commitments to its partners and clients. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, experience with working in a collaborative environment, acute attention to detail, and strong organization and computer skills.
The Corporate Controller, Properties reports directly to the VP of Finance and Accounting and has regular contact with the other accounting managers within the corporate and property accounting
- Implementation of policies and procedures for the corporate accounting team within the Properties Group, including regular review and modifications of policies, procedures, and control as required to ensure best practices are in place.
- Corporate accounting of ONE's Properties Group and submission for roll-up into ONE's corporate reporting.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance and profitability of ONE's property and asset management businesses.
- Financial planning, tax reporting and providing executive reporting package at a senior level.
- Participate in developing the annual business plan and related financial budget, cash flow, and proforma, including leading the annual operating budgeting process for Properties Group’s business units, and contributing to the development of strategic direction and goals for the business unit.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit, review and other assurance requirements across our various operating entities.
- Oversight and supervision of the corporate accounting team within ONE's properties Group, including overseeing the day-to-day accounting activities within the operating entities and the property portfolio.
- Assist in due diligence and financial analyses of development opportunities/acquisitions
- Liaise with all owners and stakeholders of properties including private and public pension and investment funds
- Review monthly financial reports and supporting documentation prepared by accountants.
- Ensure ONE has the necessary systems in place to execute the reporting, electronic downloads and transfers required by its current and future property & asset management partners and clients.
- Review of all accounting systems and recommendations for upgrades and replacement as necessary, including assistance in selection and implementation of any IT hardware and real estate software / additional modules.
- Other duties that may be assigned. This will include offering advice and providing assistance that is consistent with a senior member of ONE's management team.
- Ability to travel between Edmonton and Calgary as required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in controllership, financial reporting, and financial management.
- Completion of accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA, CPA).
- Experience in Yardi, Sage 300, and Timberscan is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-orientated environment with strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Excels in a high volume, dynamic and fast-paced environment and enjoys new challenges
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Ability to take initiative and function independently
- Highly collaborative and self-motivated
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link:
https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=76 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.