ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Property Accountant to join our property management team in Edmonton, AB.
ONE is a leading integrated real estate investment firm that develops and manages a range of high-quality assets across Canada. Since 1987, we have been creating value, empowering businesses and defining communities through our people, our partners and our properties. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, Property Management, the Property Accountant will be responsible for the full-cycle accounting of specified portfolio at the property level.
- Review and analyze AR and AP aged reports; work with Property Manager and AP Administrator to resolve outstanding issues.
- Assist Property Manager with variance analyses.
- Monitor and manage cash flow.
- Approve invoices for payment.
- Manage & post pre-authorized withdrawals in online banking platform.
- Configure tenant CAM recovery model in Yardi.
- Create units and revise area tables in Yardi, as needed.
- Review Lease Summary and activate tenants in Yardi.
- Create & maintain Capital and Leasing Costs amortization and depreciation schedules.
- Create & maintain Free Rent amortization schedules.
- Create & maintain a Straight Line rent amortization schedule.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Accounting Supervisor, Property Management.
- Prepare monthly management fee invoices in compliance with Property Management Agreement.
- Calculate monthly Op Cost accrual, revising workbook throughout the year to capture changes in occupancy and addition of newly developed structures.
- Review and post monthly accruals.
- Post standard and recurring monthly journal entries.
- Post all receipts in Yardi as per RECA requirements.
- Review and approve coding of invoices and GL descriptions.
- Prepare interim and post-final monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare and post monthly utility accruals, identifying any outstanding bills.
- Maintain accurate and complete Working Paper for all Balance Sheet items.
- Track and record mortgages and Recoverable R&M amortization monthly.
- Assemble monthly financial statement packages as per client’s requirements.
- Prepare draw request package as per client’s specifications.
- Prepare monthly distribution calculations as per the client’s requirements.
- Analyze and provide monthly forecasting, as needed.
- Prepare and file GST returns.
- Update property and recovery configuration as needed to facilitate completion of budgets in Yardi Advanced Budget & Forecasting module.
- Prepare year-end CAM reconciliations as per tenant leases.
- Prepare supporting documents for annual audits and respond to audit requests.
- Post-secondary accounting degree or diploma required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in property management accounting.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office and property management/accounting programs, with preference given to Yardi.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Ability to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with team members and clients.
- Exercises confidentiality.
- Functions fluently in English, both oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated, professional, and flexible mature team player with strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional time management, attention to detail and prioritization skills.
- Works under pressure and handles multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and changes.
- Committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with company objectives.
- A criminal verification check is required for Candidates must be bondable.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link:https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=66 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the requirements and additional duties and skills may be required.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.