Established in 1987, ONE Properties (ONE) is an established and expanding real estate developer seeking a Jr. Building Operator / Service Technician to join our vibrant and fast-paced team in Calgary, Alberta.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Building Operator / Service Technician is key to achieving the goal of creating exceptional service and best-in-class resident experience through timely and efficient completion of maintenance in suites and common areas of the property. They are also responsible for monitoring mechanical and life safety systems, risk management, and preservation of the condition of the building.
The Jr. Building Operator / Service Technician reports to the Service Manager.
- Perform scheduled preventive, routine and emergency maintenance, as directed by the Service Manager and Service Coordinator.
- Complete maintenance work orders for lighting, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, appliances and other components of the suites and common areas and a timely and efficient manner, as assigned.
- Complete suite turnover maintenance, as assigned.
- Practice occupational health and safety standards.
- Ensure all tools and cleaning equipment is maintained and serviced regularly.
- Manage hazardous materials and promptly respond to environmental hazards.
- Supervise trades and accompany vendors and contractors such as painters, electricians, plumbers, when necessary as directed by the Service Manager or Property Manager.
- Familiarity with the emergency operation of electrical systems, elevator(s), boiler/chiller, fire panel and life safety systems, mechanical systems, emergency generator, and sprinkler systems.
- Recommend type and quantity of maintenance supplies to be stocked.
- Uphold and report breaches of the rules and regulations of the property.
- Emergency response and on-call duty, as required.
- Installation, removal and/or storage of heavy objects may be required including but not limited to appliances, supplies and furnishings.
- Other related duties may be required. May require heavy lifting.
- Maintain excellent resident relations employing customer service-based approaches, address and document resident concerns and complaints and any emergencies in the building.
- Further support efforts to ensure excellent resident satisfaction and service delivery and exceeding resident expectations through prompt service and ongoing communication.
- Complete work order documentation and forward for follow-up, sending priority communication to the Service Coordinator if there was a reason the work could not be completed in one visit.
- Ensure the work area is left clean upon completion of the visit.
- Participate in resident and staff community support events, as appropriate.
Administration and Reporting
- Complete all work order documentation completely, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Ensure daily logs of mechanical equipment are maintained on a daily basis.
- Maintain up-to-date Safety Data Sheets for maintenance products and adherence to the OHSA rules and regulations.
- Keep current all maintenance records, files and documentation in accordance with established procedures.
- Education – Minimum 5th Class Power Engineers Certificate of Competency. High school diploma supplemented with training in the plumbing, electrical, or other trade. OHSA, WHMIS and First Aid. Customer service training an asset.
- Experience – Minimum 2years experience in property maintenance. Experience in the property management or hospitality industry preferred. Sound knowledge and ability to safely operate small hand and power tools.
- Relationship Skills - Able to communicate effectively and professionally. Able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with team members and residents; ability to exercise confidentiality. Fluent in oral and written English.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure. Ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities adapt to new ideas and constant changes; results-oriented.
- Availability: Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts, month-end, regardless of weekend or statutory holiday status, and be included in the emergency on-call rotation. Willing to be available in an emergency or unavoidable situations.
- Ability: Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Equipment: Must be able to supply their own personal hand tools.
- Computer Skills – Skill in working with apps on hand-held devices.
- Police Clearance - A criminal verification check is required for employment.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=61 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.