Established in 1987, ONE Properties (ONE) is an established and expanding real estate developer seeking a Service Coordinator to join our vibrant and fast-paced team in Calgary, Alberta.
ONE is a leading integrated real estate investment firm that develops and manages a range of high-quality assets across Canada. Since 1987, we have been creating value, empowering businesses and defining communities through our people, our partners and our properties. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary, and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Service Coordinator is the primary administrator at the property level ensuring that all maintenance requests are completed on a timely basis. This position will appeal to a responsible individual who enjoys managing changing priorities and interacting with staff and contractors. They are responsible for ordering supplies and verifying shipments, coordinating and assigning work to the maintenance and janitorial teams, and ordering and coordinating maintenance services to the property.
The Service Coordinator reports to the Service Manager.
- Regularly collect work order requests from the resident portal, emails, texts, walk-ins and any other source of resident-driven maintenance.
- Review incoming work requests, preventive maintenance schedules, prioritize work orders and assign staff.
- Issue notices to enter and/or liaise with the residents to ensure that permission to enter private suites has been secured prior to assigning the work order.
- Monitor the results of the work order service in Yardi.
- Consult with the Service Manager on upcoming preventive maintenance to determine whether required supplies will be on hand to complete the work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Record periodic and seasonal work in the appropriate database.
- Issue purchase orders for supplies and services.
- Contact suppliers and contractors, order supplies and coordinate service schedules.
- First level approver for expense invoices, verifying receipt of goods and/or services as invoiced as well as general ledger coding in Yardi Payscan.
- Review pre-move-out inspections, create make-ready work requests and coordinate contractors and staff to ensure suites are i) market-ready for resident move-in on back-to-back moves; ii) market-ready within 1-2 days of move-out.
- Inspect work completed by contractors to verify completion and be ready to accurately receive services and goods in the Yardi purchase order system.
- Maintain organized suite key inventory and identification, issuance keys for new move in's, and ensure that keys are in working order prior to issuing
- Communicate with residents regarding ongoing work schedules.
- Ensure resident maintenance chargebacks are posted and accurate.
- Escort contractors on occasion.
- General administration duties as required.
- Other related duties as required from time to time.
- Practice excellent resident relations through working collaboratively with other team members to ensure resident concerns regarding maintenance are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Liaise with the Resident Experience Manager to manage service expectations and create a sense of superior maintenance service to the residents.
- Ensure work orders are detailed and provide the maintenance team with any special requirements of the resident.
- Conduct a follow-up communication with residents upon work order completion, and forwards all less than favourable responses to the Resident Experience Manager for further action.
- Participate in community events, as appropriate.
- Education - High school diploma and a strong service ethic commitment.
- Experience – Minimum of 1-year experience in the customer service industry, including solid experience in organization and scheduling activities.
- Relationship Skills - Able to communicate effectively and professionally, both oral and written; able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with team members and residents; self-motivated, professional and flexible; professional phone manner; mature and self-motivated team player with excellent conflict-resolution skills; committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with company objectives; ability to exercise confidentiality.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills - Ability to allocate one’s time effectively and manage tight deadlines; ability to work under pressure and achieve quality results; ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities; results-oriented, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Availability - Flexibility to work month-end, regardless of weekend or statutory holiday status is necessary.
- Computer Skills - Proficient in a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office, and property management/accounting programs, with preference given to Yardi experience.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=59 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the requirements and additional duties and skills that may be required.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.