ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking an Accounting Supervisor, Property Management to join the vibrant, fast-paced property management team in Edmonton, AB.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Supervisor will be responsible for the overall performance of assigned Property Accountants and Accounts Payable Administrators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all monthly, quarterly and annual deadlines are met.
- Create monthly accounting calendar for multi-family portfolio.
- Communicate with internal site team and external asset management to ensure process effectiveness.
- Assist Accounting Manager with property takeovers.
- Provide vacation coverage for Property Accountants during extended leaves.
- Other duties as required and assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Review and approve monthly financial report package and supporting documents as prepared by Property Accountants.
- Review management fee invoices prepared by Property Accountants.
- Review and approve all IPP income distributions to clients.
- Review IPP draw requests prior to submission to clients.
- Review amortization and depreciation schedules created by Property Accountants.
- Review and facilitate completion of budgets prior to submission to Property Managers.
- Review Year-end reconciliation files prior to submission to Property Managers.
- Oversee monthly pre-authorized debit and returned payments for multi-family portfolios.
- Oversee property level audit requests are completed to accommodate reporting deadlines.
- Review setup and configuration of new properties in Yardi.
- Review Lease Summary and tenant Recovery Profile setup in Yardi before activation by Property Accountants.
- Set up approved new vendors and manage vendor list in Yardi.
- Other projects as required and assigned by the Accounting Manager.
- Motivate, coach and supervise staff using pulse-point performance management.
- Oversee and assist in training of assigned Property Accountants and Accounts Payable Administrators.
- Schedule and facilitate regularly scheduled staff informational and feedback meetings.
Accounts Payable Administrators
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with internal team members as well as external partners.
- Exercise confidentiality.
- Function fluently in English, both oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible mature team player with strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Work under pressure and handle multiple demands and competing priorities and adapt to new ideas.
- Committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with company objectives.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma required, professional accounting designation an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in property management accounting with a minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role preferred.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office and property management/accounting programs, with preference given to Yardi.
- A criminal verification check is required for Candidates must be bondable.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=55 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.