ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our vibrant, fast-paced team in Toronto, Ontario.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for handling a portfolio of development projects and working closely with the Finance Associates in analyzing and producing information and financial models required in making key business decisions. The role calls for a strong understanding of reporting requirements as well as experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with an understanding of the real estate investment and/or development industry.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, experience with working in a collaborative environment, acute attention to detail, and strong organization and computer skills.
The Financial analyst reports directly to the Director, Finance and has regular contact with Finance Associates and senior management.
- Work closely with Finance Associates in the preparation of development proformas, investment packages, due-diligence materials to aid management in evaluating various real estate decisions.
- Perform financial analysis for development projects in support of Finance Associates including variance analysis, scenario and sensitivity analysis, trend analysis, and capital structure assessment.
- Assist Finance Associates in monthly proforma reviews and updates to ensure financial and non-financial inputs and assumptions are current and accurate.
- Research and gather relevant key intelligence data relating to changing real estate market conditions, analyze the trends in the market, and make observations and data available throughout the company.
- Coordinate between various business units to ensure the proper information is delivered to the corresponding parties to reach both internal and external reporting deadlines monthly and quarterly.
- Assist Finance team in analyzing the progress of ONE's consolidated portfolio on an ongoing basis and provide updates for corporate and external reporting., which may include, but not limited to, revenue forecasts, portfolio performance, project status report, and dashboard.
- Build database models and identify opportunities for enhancement and automation of proforma and project updates, liaising between various departments including Finance, Accounting, Leasing, Construction and Property Management.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required to support the Business Unit Leaders and external stakeholders, and direct support to the operating and corporate finance teams as needed.
- Attend meetings with various stakeholders as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Commerce or related field
- CFA, MBA designation is considered an asset.
- Prior experience preferred in business analysis, financial analysis, data analysis or a related field.
- Real estate investment and/or development industry experience would be an asset.
- Strong financial modelling experience with advanced knowledge and experience in Excel.
- Ability to create complex data models and dashboards, and familiarity with data management and BI tools such as Power BI, Power Query, Tableau an asset.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing demands and aggressive timelines with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to take initiative and function independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=54 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.