ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Property Manager to join the vibrant, fast-paced property management team in Edmonton, Alberta.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Reporting to the Director of Property Management, the Property Manager will oversee a mixed portfolio of properties and be responsible for leading the property management staff in day-to-day management of the properties, focusing on offering support and customer service to tenants and clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure properties are managed in accordance with the approved business plans and within operating/capital budgets.
- Work closely with the leasing and construction departments to manage the process for all new tenant space turnovers, move-ins and build-outs and review budgeted leasing projections to ensure expenses are allocated accurately.
- Providing direction and support to support staff and liaising with the accounting department to manage the accurate and timely processing of operating and tax expenses for the property.
- Preparing and managing annual operating budgets including revenue and expense control, capital plans and reporting on variances.
- Reviewing tenant billings and year-end adjustments for accuracy and conformity with lease stipulations.
- Overseeing A/R and ensuring all rent payments are received as per lease obligations.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with tenants, with the goal of providing superior tenant relations interactions, both personally and through the property management team.
- Overseeing responses to after-hours tenant emergency requests to ensure the quality of service provided.
- Working closely with the Director of Property Management and head office to anticipate and respond to the requirements of owners/stakeholders.
- Taking ownership for the application process for entering the property for consideration of awards by leading industry organizations such as BOMA and LEED for sustainability and green initiatives.
- Ensuring the efficient operation of the property including compliance with government regulations; achievement of life safety/maintenance standards; and, source and implement innovative operational strategies while reducing costs.
- Tendering service and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance with the Company's policies.
- Other duties as required and assigned.
- The incumbent must be a responsible professional who enjoys the variety in management of operations and projects.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Develop and sustain co-operative working relationships with team members, senior management, tenants and clients.
- Exercise confidentiality.
- Function fluently in English, both oral and written communication.
- Self- motivated, professional and flexible mature team player with strong conflict- resolution skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Work under pressure and handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Demonstrate success in managing teams of employees directly with excellent motivational and people management skills.
- Committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with company objectives
- Current Alberta Real Estate license.
- CPM or RPA designation is an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in the commercial property management industry.
- Experience in the management of large, complex assets.
- Solid working knowledge of the OHS (Alberta).
- Willing to be available for after-hours callouts in emergency or unavoidable situations.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office and property management/accounting programs, with preference given to YARDI Voyager experience.
- A criminal verification check is required for Candidates must be bondable.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=44 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.