ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking an Operations Coordinator to join our vibrant, fast-paced Property Management team in Edmonton, Alberta.
ONE specializes in the development, asset management and property management of commercial and multi-family real estate assets. ONE offers expertise in land planning, asset acquisition, development, project finance, construction, project analysis and marketing. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we collaborate and partner with institutional clients to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. We actively operate in the retail, industrial, office, mixed-use and residential segments of the real estate market.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Building Operations, the Operations Coordinator primarily supports the Loading Dock Operations and will also work closely with other operations and property management team members.
The incumbent must have excellent communication and organizational skills, the ability to work independently, an acute attention to detail, strong computer skills and an understanding of real estate operations. This fast-paced role requires effective communication and teamwork to ensure exceptional outcomes are achieved in a timely manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
Administrative Support and General Responsibilities
- Responding to inquiries in a timely, efficient and professional manner from the general public, clients and guests who have been directed to the loading dock
- Contacting appropriate vendors for maintenance and repairs as directed by Supervisor, Building Operations
- Regular data administration duties include logging tenant requests into the Angus database system and dispatch requirements, providing coverage for the Property Administrator, responding to tenant requests on a daily basis, updating preventative maintenance work orders, and setting up reports and email distribution (i.e. escalations/outstanding/star ratings)
- Assisting the building operations team with closing out of Angus work orders
- Updating on-call bag and binder such as inventory supplies, reference materials and tenant keyholder information
- Assisting with the coordination of facility requirements for event programming such as inventory management, dry cleaning linens, repairs and maintenance, event set-up and tear-down, etc.
- Updating internal building management documents and on-call lists
- Following up with insurance certificates and Workers Compensation Board (WCB) certificates for vendors
- Assisting with administration requirements for new vendor set-up by providing documentation forms to vendors
- Overseeing the management of tenant Canada Post office box assignments and mail delivery concerns
Loading Dock General Responsibilities
- Receiving and unpacking merchandise, equipment and/or materials for building operations including checking and signing delivery slips, verifying quality and quantity of items delivered, and accept or return according to established procedures
- Organizing the distribution and shipment of merchandise for building operations by making necessary verifications against documents, and preparing the merchandise and moving to the appropriate area
- Contacting transport companies and suppliers to expedite, trace or return shipments that do not conform to specifications or purchase orders for building operations
- Reporting and completing required paperwork for all incidents and/or situations on the loading dock
- Ensuring that the loading area is secure at all times
- Managing the coordination of all tenant and base building deliveries
- Managing freight elevator bookings
- Assisting the building operations team with assigned maintenance tasks and building checks as required
- Ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the loading dock including spill containment, custodial requirements of loading dock, compactor, bottle recycle/janitorial laundry area, sustainable recycling collection programs, bottle donation program, general office organization and CCTV management as required.
- Coordinating additional refuse, grease bin, etc. pick up for building operations
- Coordinating emergency supply room and inventory
- Ensuring first aid kit supplies are up-to-date
- Ensuring MSDS sheets are received with all shipments when applicable
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the loading dock, and refuse area and equipment
- Maintaining regulatory HSE training tracker for the building operations team
- Liaising with stakeholders and security
- Maintaining loading dock and freight booking calendars including providing backup coverage for the main loading dock
- Other duties as deemed necessary
Education & Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years in a comparable position would be an asset
- 5th Class power engineering certificate would be an asset
- Post-secondary education, degree or diploma
- Excellent computer skills with the desire to learn more
- Demonstrates professionalism, interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and strategies
- Expanding company with extensive experience and growth opportunities
About ONE Properties
At ONE Properties, our people are focused on creating and growing value through strategic acquisition, innovative development and long-term management of retail, office, residential, industrial and mixed-use properties in dynamic and expanding markets. Each square foot we have built has reinforced our reputation for excellence. We take spaces and turn them into places that enrich communities and contribute to the success and wellbeing of people, businesses and corporations – in a sustainable and responsible way. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=24 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.