ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our vibrant, fast-paced team in Edmonton, Alberta or Toronto, Ontario.
ONE specializes in the development, asset management and property management of commercial and multi-family real estate assets. ONE offers expertise in land planning, asset acquisition, development, project finance, construction, project analysis and marketing. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we collaborate and partner with institutional clients to create master planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. We actively operate in the retail, industrial, office, mixed-use and residential segments of the real estate market.
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for the creation of financial models, analysis and information of existing and new development projects that are required by senior management and Business Unit Leaders. The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, experience with working in a collaborative environment, an acute attention to detail and strong organization and computer skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work within a team of Analysts and operating directly under the Senior Financial Analyst
- Work closely with senior management in the preparation of project financial reporting, life-of-project updates and forecasting
- Work closely with the financial reporting team in the preparation of budgets, cash flow reports and variance analysis on development proformas
- Provide direct support to the operating and corporate finance teams as needed
- Attend meetings with financial partners and various stakeholders as needed
- Develop, analyze and maintain financial models and proformas for new and existing real estate projects to evaluate acquisition, divestment, development, financing, and new lease opportunities
- Perform financial analysis for development projects including variance analysis, scenario planning, industry benchmarking, trend analysis, sensitivity analysis and capital structure assessment
- Evaluate capital stacking, valuation methodologies, and other real estate finance tools and metrics, including handling waterfalls for different debt and deal structures.
- Conduct ad hoc analysis to guide key decision-making abilities for the Business Unit Leaders
- Provide direct support to both the analysis team and corporate finance teams as needed
- Create and maintain templates for various business units to streamline existing processes
- Analyze the progress of ONE's projects on an ongoing basis and provide updates for corporate and external reporting
- Assist with the management of corporate and local process documentation
- Coordinate between various business units to ensure the proper information is delivered to the corresponding parties to reach both internal and external reporting deadlines monthly and quarterly
- Meet internal and external reporting deadlines, consisting of financial modelling and analysis, budgeting and forecasting, market analysis and other types of reporting
- Coordinate various meetings for the analysis team as required for the reporting process
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Commerce or related field
- CFA, MBA, CRF or CAIA designation considered an asset
- Knowledge of finance and thoroughly understand Microsoft Excel's modelling of cashflows and budgets, including strong knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel and Argus Enterprise
- Experience with Argus Developer would be considered an asset
- Experience in the real estate industry, understanding of real estate terms such as cap rates, rental rates, sensitivities, construction costs, cash flow considerations and financing structures will be considered an asset but is not necessary
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and strategies
- Expanding company with extensive experience and growth opportunities
About ONE Properties
At ONE Properties, our people are focused on creating and growing value through strategic acquisition, innovative development and long-term management of retail, office, residential, industrial and mixed-use properties in dynamic and expanding markets. Each square foot we have built has reinforced our reputation for excellence. We take spaces and turn them into places that enrich communities and contribute to the success and wellbeing of people, businesses and corporations – in a sustainable and responsible way. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=17 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.