ONE Properties (ONE), a privately-owned, integrated real estate investment firm that develops and manages a range of high-quality assets across Canada, is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our vibrant and fast-paced team in Edmonton, Alberta.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Maintenance Technician reports to the Supervisor, Building Operations and primarily supports the operation of properties within our downtown Edmonton portfolio of properties.
The incumbent must have excellent communication or organizational skills, be self-motivated, be able to work seamlessly integrating into a team and be able to work independently, have an acute attention to detail, strong computer skills and ideally an understanding of real estate operations. The candidate must also have proficient knowledge of standard building operations practices, preventative maintenance systems, tenant services, life safety systems, digital control systems, and keep worker safety at the forefront of their objectives.
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance on HVAC, plumbing, mechanical and life safety systems.
- Perform water treatment testing on building systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions/recommendations.
- Monitoring of the BMS and associated systems to ensure maximum availability and efficiency of equipment.
- Assist with commissioning and continual monitoring to ensure that the buildings are being operated to their maximum efficiency.
- Ensure that all maintenance is carried out in a safe manner, documentation is kept up to date, and systems are correctly isolated if required.
- Utilize Angus Anywhere Preventative Maintenance program for all aspects of the building management and operations.
- Prepare and enter purchase orders for approval utilizing YARDI.
- Active participant in building evacuation and emergency response process reviews.
- Work closely with Property Management and tenants to schedule and plan maintenance tasks to minimize disruption. Respond to and resolve all routine tenant service requests as assigned, including changing lights, general maintenance, heating/cooling, washroom fixtures, etc.
- Assist with maintaining all building inventory, code inspections, and ensure all maintenance/storage rooms are organized, clean and tidy.
- Communicate regularly with Property Management on building and tenant issues.
- Review and monitor contracted work to ensure work is being performed in a safe manner and work details are compliant with the building standards.
- Oversee the safety and appearance of the property.
- Maintain maintenance and daily logs of equipment.
- Remain current and up to date with all industry codes, new technologies and best practices.
- Participate in on call rotation, cover for shifts for the property portfolio as required and be available for after-hour emergency situations.
- Regularly coordinate with contractors and vendors to have scheduled work activities completed, obtain quotes for services, and ensure all vendors on site conform to required policies and procedures.
- Work in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by ONE.
- Education – Minimum 5th Class Power Engineers Certificate of Competency. High school diploma or GED.
- Experience – Minimum 3- 5 years experience in property maintenance. Experience in the property management or hospitality industry is preferred. Sound knowledge and ability to safely operate small hand and power tools.
- Relationship Skills - Able to communicate effectively and professionally. Able to develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with team members and residents; ability to exercise confidentiality. Fluent in oral and written English.
- Availability: Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts, month-end, regardless of weekend or statutory holiday status, and be included in the emergency on-call rotation. Willing to be available in an emergency or unavoidable situation.
- Ability: Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Computer Skills – Skill in working with apps on hand-held devices.
- Police Clearance - A criminal verification check is required for employment.
What We Offer
- Opportunities to develop and grow in your career, along with competitive pay and benefits
- Team-oriented colleagues who share the same core values around collaboration, alignment and integrity, with a strong spirit of collegiality
- Strong focus on client relationships
- Growing company with offices and properties across Canada.
- A safe work environment, where all employees are vaccinated against COVID-19
- A commitment to strengthen the communities where we operate
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=135 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.