Established in 1987, ONE Properties (ONE) began as a real estate developer and has built an asset and property management business by leveraging its unique skills in the development business. ONE is seeking a Property Manager to join our vibrant, fast-paced team in Toronto, Ontario.
ONE specializes in the development, asset management and property management of commercial and multi-family real estate assets.
ONE offers expertise in land planning, asset acquisition, development, project finance, construction, project analysis and marketing. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we collaborate and partner with institutional clients to create master planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. We actively operate in the retail, industrial, office, mixed-use and residential segments of the real estate market.
Based in the Toronto office, the Property Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Property Management and support a portfolio of industrial, office and retail properties. This position will be a key member of the management team, responsible for leading the on-site property management staff in the day-to-day management of the property, offering support and customer service to our tenants and clients. The ability to multi-prioritize to achieve deadlines as well as strong communication skills and an overall ability to work as part of a team is required.
On a day to day basis, the key responsibilities of the Property Manager, Industrial and Retail will include:
- Ensuring the property is managed in accordance with the approved business plans and within operating/capital budgets.
- Working closely with the leasing construction department to manage the process for all new tenant space turnovers, move-ins and build-outs and review budgeted leasing projections to ensure expenses are allocated accurately.
- Providing direction to on-site staff and liaising with the accounting department to manage the accurate and timely processing of operating and tax expenses for the property.
- Preparing and managing annual operating budgets including revenue and expense control, capital plans and report on variances.
- Reviewing tenant billings and year-end adjustments for accuracy and conformity with lease stipulations.
- Overseeing A/R and ensuring all rent payments are received as per lease obligations.
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with tenants, with the goal of providing superior tenant relations interactions, both personally and through the on-site team.
- Overseeing responses to after-hours tenant emergency requests to ensure the quality of service provided.
- Working closely with the VP of property management and head office to anticipate and respond to the requirements of owners/stakeholders.
- Overseeing the coordination of all tenant work to ensure compliance with building standards, including the final inspection of work.
- Taking ownership for the application process for entering the property for consideration of awards by leading industry organizations such as BOMA and LEED for sustainability and green initiatives.
- Ensuring the efficient operation of the property including compliance with government regulations; achievement of life safety/maintenance standards; and, source and implement innovative operational strategies while reducing costs.
- Tendering service and maintenance contracts to ensure compliance with the Company's policies.
- Providing direction and support to direct and indirect reports to ensure the timely achievement of financial and customer service goals within prescribed policies, procedures and standard business practices.
- CPM or RPA designation strongly desired
- Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in the commercial property management industry
- Experience in the management of large, complex assets - office and retail
- Solid working knowledge of the OHSA (Ontario)
- Demonstrated success in managing teams of employees directly with excellent motivational and people management skills
- Adaptable with a positive attitude when confronted with new experiences
- Strong team-building skills through creating deep relationships
- Capable of working on parallel priorities with tight deadlines effectively
- Highly adept in the use of MS Office applications -- Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of ERP/Financial systems, in particular YARDI Voyager
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and strategies
- Expanding company with extensive experience and growth opportunities
- Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company
About ONE Properties
At ONE Properties, our people are focused on creating and growing value through strategic acquisition, innovative development and long-term management of retail, office, residential, industrial and mixed-use properties in dynamic and expanding markets. Each square foot we have built has reinforced our reputation for excellence. We take spaces and turn them into places that enrich communities and contribute to the success and wellbeing of people, businesses and corporations – in a sustainable and responsible way.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing.
Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.