ONE Properties (ONE), a privately-owned, integrated real estate investment firm that develops and manages a range of high-quality assets across Canada, is seeking an a Service Manager to join the vibrant, fast-paced team at BLVD Beltline in Calgary, Alberta.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Reporting to the Property Manager, the Service Manager will be responsible for hands-on property operations and maintenance activities, focusing on creating an exceptional experience for residents. The Service Manager will directly oversee the Service Coordinator, Service Technicians and Building Attendant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Leasing Manager to complete suite turnover maintenance in a timely manner.
- Create and update recurring work orders for preventive and routine maintenance in our property management software, Yardi.
- Perform scheduled preventive, routine and emergency maintenance as well as work orders.
- Perform and document daily site inspections.
- Ensure tools and equipment are inspected, maintained and serviced regularly.
- Maintain inventory for maintenance supplies.
- Understand and knowledge of emergency operation of electrical systems, elevator, boiler/chiller, fire panel, life and safety systems, mechanical systems and sprinkler timer systems.
- Review Fire Safety Plan regularly and execute routine tasks in the Fire Safety Plan including regular testing and inspections as well as schedule and conduct evacuation drills.
- Manage and oversee safe handling of hazardous materials.
- Maintain condition and cleanliness of the entire site including common areas, roof, exterior, garbage/recycling areas as well as ensure exterior areas (sidewalks, roadway and walkways) leading to entrance and exit doors are free of dirt, debris, ice and snow.
- Other related duties as required and assigned by the Property Manager.
- Maintain relationships with residents by employing customer service-based approaches as well as address and document resident concerns and complaints including any emergencies that may occur during and outside of regular hours.
- Further support efforts to ensure resident satisfaction and service delivery through prompt service, ongoing communication and follow up.
- Employ excellent conflict resolution strategies as necessary.
- Participate in resident and staff community support events, as required.
- Motivate, coach and supervise staff using pulse-point performance management.
- Oversee and assist in the training of direct reports.
- Schedule staff for day and evening/weekend shifts as well as emergency on-call rotation.
- Oversee quality and efficiency of work for both staff and contractors;
- Ensure that Occupational Health and Safety Act and rules and regulations are being observed;
- Schedule training for staff on WHMIS, provide training on Property equipment and arrange for additional training as required to ensure safe practices in the workplace.
- Ensure vendors and contractors are accompanied by a staff member while work is being completed if required.
- Facilitate regularly scheduled team check-in meetings.
Administration and Reporting
- Ensure work order documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Promptly respond to and report environmental hazards as required by building protocols and legislation.
- Promote and ensure energy- and utility-efficient maintenance of the building.
- Maintain daily logs of mechanical equipment and seasonal snow removal activity.
- Maintain service records for equipment and building as well as complete scheduled tests and preventive maintenance.
- Must be a trustworthy, self-motivated, responsible and outgoing professional who has a positive demeanor and enjoys connecting with people and creating a welcoming environment for residents to call home.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Develop and sustain co-operative working relationships with team members, residents and contractors.
- Able to motivate, empower and coach/counsel staff in the achievement of performance goals.
- Exercise confidentiality.
- Function fluently in English, both oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible mature team player with good conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Work under pressure and handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with company objectives.
- Flexibility to work day, evening and weekend shifts and month-end regardless of weekend or statutory holiday status.
- Be available after-hours in emergency or unexpected situations.
- Minimum 5th Class Power Engineers Certificate of Competency. High school diploma supplemented with training in the plumbing, electrical, or other trade. OHSA, WHMIS and First Aid. Customer service training is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in building operations including mechanical, fire and safety, electrical and HVAC systems.
- Knowledge and experience with general building construction including understanding and reviewing construction drawings.
- Beginner knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience working with apps on handheld devices.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle at all times.
- A criminal verification check is required for employment.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
- A safe work environment. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=120 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the requirements and additional duties and skills that may be required.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted