Established in 1987, ONE Properties (ONE) began as a real estate developer and has built an asset and property management business by leveraging its unique skills in the development business. ONE is seeking a Property Administrator to join our vibrant, fast-paced team in Toronto, Ontario.
ONE specializes in the development, asset management and property management of commercial and multi-family real estate assets.
ONE offers expertise in land planning, asset acquisition, development, project finance, construction, project analysis and marketing. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we collaborate and partner with institutional clients to create master planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. We actively operate in the retail, industrial, office, mixed-use and residential segments of the real estate market.
Based in the Toronto office, the Property Administrator will report directly to the Property Manager and support a portfolio of industrial, office and retail properties. This position requires strong commitment and dedication in providing administrative support and customer service to our tenants and clients. The ability to multi-prioritize to achieve deadlines as well as strong communication skills and an overall ability to work as part of a team is required.
- Providing general administrative support including word processing, presentations, filing, photocopying, faxing, scheduling appointments/meetings, and office organization
- Maintaining tenant contact lists and databases
- Project tracking including base building and tenant improvement warranty anniversaries
- Updating operating manuals for development of properties as required
- Developing and keeping updated tenant handbooks for each property
- Managing and reporting on rent collections and tenant recoveries to ensure timely payment
- Processing tenant adjustments for Property Manager/Accounting
- Processing tenant charge back invoices as required
- Creating and managing purchase orders
- Processing invoices in accordance with budget/signing authorities
- Managing all utility accounts, including new accounts for projects under development
- Providing assistance to the Property Manager by keeping on top of deadlines/commitments and through pro-active follow-up
- Reviewing leases and preparing lease summary for Property Manager review and set up in Yardi
- Tracking landlord and tenant requirements as necessary
- Assisting with preparation of annual operating budgets, variance analysis and monthly and quarterly reports to clients
- Planning and providing assistance the Property Manager with monthly maintenance meetings with building operators
- Obtaining quotes for contract work under the guidance of the Property Manager
- Liaising with tenants to resolve problems/complaints and review trends in tenant calls and make recommendations to the Property Manager with a view to improving service
- Collecting and monitoring insurance certificates for Tenant and Building insurance
- Assisting with coordination of basic building services (fire alarm inspections; snow removal; landscaping etc.)
- Administering the Angus Anywhere system (tenant service and maintenance management system database) and create/follow-up with work orders
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Post-secondary education in a relevant program is considered an asset
- Possession or obtaining a designation as Real Property Administrator would be a strong asset
- Minimum 2 – 3 years exposure to commercial property management or 4 – 5 years experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Advanced level computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and e-mail). Familiarity with industry programs such as Yardi, Angus and MRI is required
- Accounting experience is an asset
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to meet the needs of clients.
- Proven organizational and multi-tasking skills; able to cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results within agreed upon time frames
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Detail oriented; able to resolve problems using facts and sound reasoning
- Self-motivated, professional and flexible; able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and strategies
- Expanding company with extensive experience and growth opportunities
- Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company
About ONE Properties
At ONE Properties, our people are focused on creating and growing value through strategic acquisition, innovative development and long-term management of retail, office, residential, industrial and mixed-use properties in dynamic and expanding markets. Each square foot we have built has reinforced our reputation for excellence. We take spaces and turn them into places that enrich communities and contribute to the success and wellbeing of people, businesses and corporations – in a sustainable and responsible way.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing.
Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.