ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking an Associate, Investments to join our vibrant, fast-paced team in Toronto, Ontario.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
The Associate, Investments will be responsible for handling a portfolio of development projects and working closely with the senior management in analyzing and producing information and financial models required for making key business decisions.
The successful candidate must have excellent communication skills, experience with working in a collaborative environment, acute attention to detail, and strong organization and computer skills.
- Work closely with senior management in the preparation of development pro-formas, investment packages, due-diligence materials to aid management in evaluating various real estate decisions
- Prepare advanced Pro-forma models in excel and Argus, and other real estate finance tools to aid in site acquisition, divestment, development, financing, and new lease opportunities
- Evaluate capital stacking and valuation methodologies, including handling waterfalls for different debt and deal structures
- Coordinate internal meetings with various departments to ensure financial and non-financial inputs and assumptions are current and accurate to update reporting proformas
- Perform financial analysis for development projects including variance analysis, scenario planning, industry benchmarking, trend analysis, sensitivity analysis, and capital structure assessment
- Assist the development team with acquisitions (from initial site identification/analysis, to subsequent post-closing due diligence materials and budget) and entitlement (from preparation of application submissions, to assisting with the approval process)
- Assist the construction team with the preparation of project budgets, timelines, schedules, as well as review building drawings and statistics to provide constructive input into decisions surrounding development programs
- Assist the leasing team in gathering the market comps information and evaluating lease deals, in addition to reviewing lease agreements and landlord/tenant specifications
- Provide direct support to the operating and corporate finance teams as needed
- Attend meetings with various stakeholders as needed
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Commerce or related field
- CFA, MBA, CRF, or CAIA designation considered an asset
- Minimum three years of real estate investment and/or development industry experiences such as appraisal, development, or brokerage would be an asset
- Strong financial modeling experience including strong knowledge and experience with Excel and Argus Enterprise, Argus Developer experience considered an asset
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Excellent understanding of finance and accounting concepts
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing demands and aggressive timelines with the ability to prioritize
- Ability to take initiative and function independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain relationships at all levels of the organization
- Maintain high standards of professional and ethical conduct
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate
- A safe work environment. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=114 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary and title for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.