ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking a Vice President, Design & Construction East to join the vibrant, fast-paced team in Toronto, Ontario.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Vice President – Design & Construction East is responsible for effectively managing and overseeing the construction team in Eastern Canada on industrial, multi-family residential, land servicing, retail and tenant coordination projects for ONE Properties. This will include hands-on project management and leading teams of consultants and contractors through the design, permitting and construction phases of multiple commercial and residential/mixed-use projects. He/she will be accountable for the successful performance of the construction team including meeting all financial, schedule, quality, and tenant satisfaction objectives.
The Vice President – Design & Construction East will work closely with the business unit leaders of the Industrial, Retail, Multi-Family Residential and Asset Management Divisions to ensure a successful transition of projects from the development phase to the construction phase and from the construction phase to the property and asset management phase.
- Due diligence support and investigation for prospective land acquisitions.
- Conceptual budget preparation with proforma input.
- Outline specification development.
- Preliminary design and construction scheduling.
- Review and feedback on offers to lease.
- Negotiation of consultant contracts.
- Pre-Application Meetings with Local Authorities.
- Managing the development permit design and application process.
- Negotiation of Servicing Agreements with local authorities.
- Managing the building permit design and application process.
- Coordination of landlord and tenant scopes of work.
- Preparation of RFP and Tender Invitations.
- Negotiating contracts with Contractors.
- Identification and recruitment of staff to fulfill division objectives.
- Mentorship and coaching to assist staff in reaching their career goals.
- Performance reviews and bonus assessments.
- Facilitation of team communication and lessons learned events.
- Termination and outplacement management.
- Proforma input and sign off.
- Lease Deal Summary sign-off.
- Monthly Budget Review meetings.
- Quarterly Partner Status Report updates
- Change Order approvals.
- Development fee tracking.
- Maintenance of historical databases.
- Preparation of annual business plans.
- Long and short-term organization chart development.
- Change Order Control and Budget updates.
- Managing the Team through the construction phase.
- Post Construction
- Deficiency and Warranty Follow-up.
- Gathering of Close Out Documents.
- LEED submittals coordination.
- Degree from a University, Technical College or an equivalent program.
- Minimum 10 years experience as a Project Manager with a General Contractor or a major developer on light industrial or big box retail construction or as a Project Manager with a major Architectural firm engaged in light industrial, big-box retail and/or mixed-use/multi-family residential design;
- A solid track record running a business unit with construction activities in excess of $100 Million per annum.
- A proven ability to deliver large, complex, high-profile projects.
- Advanced understanding of large project operational and financial risk management practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of building systems, commercial construction, project cash flows, P & L, scheduling, LEED principles, etc.
- Proficient in the use of computer programs for Excel, spreadsheets, scheduling, project management and budget management.
- A criminal record check is required for employment. Candidates must be bondable.
What We Offer
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Opportunities to grow and develop skills in multiple disciplines.
- Dynamic co-workers who share the same core values and priorities with a strong dedication to teamwork.
- Customer-service orientation.
- Expanding company with extensive experience, a positive reputation and commitment to the communities where we operate.
- A safe work environment. All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=102 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing.
Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.